Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sewing Tips: Yardage Card

So I've had a boring piece of paper holding the vital info of  'how many inches are in 5/8 of a yard?' in the front of my sewing binder for far too long. This weekend I decided to make it not-so-boring. I ended up making it business card size because well...smaller is cuter right? I could even put it in a tiny frame and put it on my sewing table. Hmmmm....just might do that.

When I was done, I figured I wasn't the only one who easily forgot how many inches are in 5/8 of a yard. So here it is for you all. I even made it in different colors. Are you shocked that it involves polka dots?

To print: Right click on the color you like. Click 'Save Image As'. Then click on the image in its saved location and print. (Now my printer defaulted to make the card take up the entire page. I just clicked off 'Scale to Fit' and clicked on 'Scale' and set it to 100%. Now each printer will be different...so can't help you much on that.)

Enjoy!







20 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! I'm framing this for my sewing table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm framing this for my sewing desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could've really used this yesterday! But now I have it for future use! And so do a few others, I shared it on my blog today: http://benikeboutique.blogspot.com/2012/02/tutorial-tuesday-charts-for-stuff-i.html
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made my day! I will be coping and laminating this chart for my wallet. Thanks for sharing. I found you from Pinterest...so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!! Found this on Pinterest!! I use cm and meters, so this is so useful for me!! Thank you for sharing!! Anne, Oslo, Norway:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!! Found this on Pinterest!! I use cm and meters, so this is so useful for me!! Thank you for sharing!! Anne, Oslo, Norway:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic! I'm new to sewing and inches and yards. In Australia we use centimetres and metres. With so many patterns using yards, I am constantly trying to convert! This makes life easier! Now all you have to do is put centimetres on and it'll be perfect! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! I'm new to sewing and inches and yards. In Australia we use centimetres and metres. With so many patterns using yards, I am constantly trying to convert! This makes life easier! Now all you have to do is put centimetres on and it'll be perfect! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome. Thanx so much. I saved it in pictures on my iPhone. This is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much. This is very generous of you to make, I appreciate your time in creating this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wao, I love this so much that I share it on my blog! is in spanish but generally it says that everyone need to print a card and put it on their sewing room or in my case sewing coner lol. Great Job! :)

    Turtles-&-Coquies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! I just printed mine out.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you -- this is so helpful!
    -CreativeKellie.BlogSpot.com-

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you -- this is extremely helpful!
    -CreativeKellie.BlogSpot.com-

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi LeAnne,

    I hope you don't mind but I put the yardage card on the sidebar of my blog - just for fun! But when people click on it, it links back to you. Hopefully you won't mind and maybe it will send people your way. Thanks for sharing it with us. It's so cute!

    Amber Johnson
    Gigi's Thimble Quilt Patterns
    alittlebitbiased.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome I have printed this out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing - this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for such a handy tool !

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions!

If you have a question, email me so I have your contact information. My email link is on my left side bar.

Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails