Monday, September 1, 2008

A Little About Me

What's with the Name?
Welcome to my little niche of the blogoshere and Etsydom. I am embarking on what you could say is a "dream" of mine. That is to simply to sew and create my own designs. This shop also is coming about because of my love for family traditions. I had many wonderful family traditions growing up. I cannot wait to provide my children with those same wonderful memories. You will see that many of my designs are focused around holidays or ways to make everyday special. As parents and members of any family, we all have that ability to influence our families for the better. Having strong family traditions is one way that we can influence our families on a daily basis. So Everyday Celebrations combines two of my hobbies; sewing and family traditions.

My Skills:
I have been sewing since I was a little thing. I remember making bags, pajama pants, blankets for my dolls, little quilts, etc when I was a little girl. My mom taught me the basics and I loved it. Once I hit college I really had a desire to really "learn" sewing skills. I took a children's sewing class and loved it. My final projects were a child's coat and a blessing dress. Those were my first two ever "major" projects and I still have them. After college I taught elementary school for 5 years. During that time I took a beginning quilting class and I was hooked. Since then, I have been sewing whenever I get a chance. I love making handmade items because of the uniqueness and creativity that goes into the design.

I hope to be adding items to the shop reguarly. Please comment with any questions, or requests for future items. You can also email me by clicking the Contact Me link under my banner.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogworld! I just found you through 30 days and WOW! You do amazing things! I can't wait to watch what you create next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am glad you commented. I am glad you like the designs. Hopefully more new ones will be added this week.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions!

If you have a question, email me so I have your contact information. My email link is on my left side bar.

Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails