Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dress Up

What kid doesn't love to dress-up?

I truly loved it as a child. There are many pictures of me in my various 'outfits' throughout my childhood. Halloween was a big deal in our house and my mom went to great lengths to insure we all had a Halloween costume we loved. (I plan on doing the same for our kids.)

As I grew up though my idea of dressing up for Halloween or other events drastically changed. Instead of a full on costume, my Halloween costume would consist of wearing jeans, a black top, with the addition of a hot pink feather boa along with some funky jewelry. Was I anything in particular? No. I just liked an excuse to wear some sweet accessories.

Well. As we know there is a big movie coming out on the 15th, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. (My 2nd favorite in the series...I love how Rowling does all the flashbacks/backstory...so awesome!) No. I will not be dressing up when we go to the midnight showing. I will leave that up to the other diehards. However. I figured hey...this is the perfect excuse for some sweet accessory. Right?

So this idea came to mind a few weeks ago and last night I took it from paper to fabric.



Close enough right???

So I know Hedwig is suppose to be 'snowy' white and I wanted her to be completely white but the bag needed some contrast. So that is why there is some gray and black incorporated into the bag. I love how it turned out! This one is for sale in the shop.



Sorry, I can't get enough of all the feathers.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE it! What a great idea!

    PS: Have you started a family blog yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute! You are totally going to be styling at Harry Potter. I love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were such a Harry Potter Fan!!!!
    That bag is super super cute! I love the feathers and the color contrast! You are so creative... have I told you that before? ;)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You are so creative!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! That bag is so flippin cute! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. no!
    this is just great, my daughter will love it
    here in argentina, there are no many chances to dress and celebrate "harry potter"; anyway, I made her a Gryffindor scarf, and she uses it for windy days
    we are expecting the movie too :)
    great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so AWESOME You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys! Glad you like it. Angie...oh I love HP.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions!

If you have a question, email me so I have your contact information. My email link is on my left side bar.

Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails