To see the winners of the trick or treat totes click here.
A couple years back I found some adorable Christmas fabric on clearance at a quilting shop and it was so cute that I couldn't pass it up. Of course I didn't know what I could use it for at the time but I bought it anyway. Fast forward to last Christmas and from that fabric I made this cute little matching game. I made a set for my family and a couple of sets for the shop and to give as gifts.
Then a couple of weeks ago I was at Joann's and I found a similar fabric that was Halloween themed. I snagged it and made a little Halloween matching game last night. This is really a quick project and can actually be a no-sew project if you need it to be.
fabric that has a 'blocked' repeating print to it
fusible webbing choose either:
Heat n' Bond Lite - if you want to sew (purple package) OR
Heat n' Bond Ultrahold - if you want a NO sew project (red package)
iron & pressing cloth
Note: When you buy the fabric get enough so the print repeats itself so you have enough to have matching pairs.
1. Adhere the fusible webbing to the wrong side of your fabric. Cut out 'blocked' images using scissors or rotary cutter and ruler.
2. Cut enough squares or rectangles from felt for the entire set of matching cards. I cut mine about 1/2" larger than the size of the fabric images.
3. Remove paper backing from the fabric images and center on the felt squares or rectangles. Fuse in place following package directions. NOTE: Set your iron to WOOL when you adhere fusible webbing to felt or you will MELT your felt. Also place a pressing cloth between your project and the iron.
4. If you used the Heat n' Bond Ultrahold, you do not need to sew to reinforce. So you are done! I used Heat n' Bond Lite, so I just stitched around the inside edge of each fabric image.
5. Optional: Make a quick drawstring bag for storage!
There you go! Easy peasy! Makes a quick project and a great gift. Don't want to make one? I have one set up in the shop looking for a home.
So now go, whip one up and play a fun festive matching game as a family!