Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thanksgiving Dressing

Originally Written: Saturday, November 17, 2007

recipe from: my amazing Grandma "MaWa" who was an AMAZING cook

I remember making this with my MaWa every Thanksgiving growing up. I would stand on the wooden stool in our kitchen and stir as she carefully added each ingredient. When I have this on Thanksgiving, I remember how much I love her and how much she loved each of us kids. She lived with us till she passed away, she was the best MaWa in the world.

2 packages of Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing (the blue bagged kind)
2 pounds of sausage (either sage or mild)
5 cups of chicken broth (a little less or a little more)
2 cups chopped celery
1 cup butter (you can half it...but I figure it is Thanksgiving!!!)
1 can sliced and drained water chestnuts (optional)

In a medium skillet, crumble sausage and brown on stove top. Drain excess fat. In medium saucepan, melt butter. While sausage is browning and butter is melting, chop celery. Set aside. Put stuffing in a large bowl. (I always use a big stainless bowl.) Add the chopped celery and water chestnuts. Add butter and broth. (When I add the broth I put in about four cups and see how moist it is. Then I keep on adding till it is the right moistness.) Mix well. Add sausage and mix till well combined. Put in a large 11 x 15 casserole dish. (Or a 9 x 13 and 8x8) Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.

Let the savory smell fill your house! I promise you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and questions!

If you have a question, email me so I have your contact information. My email link is on my left side bar.

Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails