Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Anyone Want to Bake with Me?

I love bakerella.com. Love it.

I am currently in love with these...

I want to make some.


photo from bakerella.com

I love pumpkin recipes this time of year. Pumpkin recipes scream fall. Which I am missing so much right now. I feel like I am the only person who hasn't written a post about 'how much I love fall'.

Here is my favorite Pumpkin recipe. I will warn you. Don't make them unless you are prepared to make them at least 1/2 a dozen times between now and Christmas. They are divine.

Pumpkin Bars

2 cups flour

2 cups sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon nutmeg

½ teaspoon salt

1 cup oil

1 16 oz can pumpkin

4 eggs


Combine all ingredients, beat at low speed till moistened. Then beat on high until cake-like consistency. Bake at 350 in a 15 x 10 x 1 pan for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Frost with cream cheese frosting.


And my Pumpkin Bread...so good.

Pumpkin Bread

2 cups sugar

2½ cups flour

1 teaspoon cinnamon

2 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup oil

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups canned pumpkin

2 eggs


Combine dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients. Mix well. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes for mini loaves, or 15 - 20 minutes for muffins.

Makes 3 - 4 mini loaves or 2 pans of regular sized muffins.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! I am obsessed with pumpkin anything. I want to try both now. I also saw those yummy little pumpkins on bakerella!! mmmm Fall is probably my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made pumpkin ANYTHING yet. Time to fix that!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions!

If you have a question, email me so I have your contact information. My email link is on my left side bar.

Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails