Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Custom Tote Bag with Initial

A while back a good friend asked me to make a tote bag for her daughter. I've been wanting to make a tote bag with a monogram for the shop...so this is what came to be...



Pink, polka dots, ric rac....could it get any more fun?!

I plan to make a boyish one too...eventually!

If you wanted to make your own it would be very easy. Just make a regular tote and decorate the side you want the initial on before sewing it together. I cut out a scalloped circle and initial from fabric with fusible webbing. I used the Utlrahold Webbing that doesn't require sewing to reinforce. However, I added a touch of bright aqua hand stitching around the scalloped circle. Easy and dresses up any tote bag!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, that's perfect! I want one for Charlotte and one for Leo. Just e-mail when you complete the boy one and then I'll pay to ship the both together! So cute - and I love the little tag detail! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw miss e with her bag on sunday. she looked pleased as punch (as was my 6 going on 16 year old!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions!

If you have a question, email me so I have your contact information. My email link is on my left side bar.

Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails