Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Newest Version of Emma

Like many I am a fan of Jane Austen. I am always ready to watch a new film version of any of her books. Most of the time I hate the newest film version the first time I watch it because I am such a fan of another version. (Except in the case of the new Pride & Prejudice with Keira Knightely.) Then after watching it a second time, I can give my honest opinion and decide if the new version is my new favorite.



For the past two weeks on Masterpiece they have been showing the newest version of Emma. (The screenplay is done by the same person who did the latest Jane Eyre.) I hated it for about the first 20 minutes. However, after watching Romola Garai play Emma I can say that I LOVE this version. (I loved Romola Garai in Amazing Grace.) I think the character interpretation overall is better than any previous version. I love Mr Knightely and he does a great job of putting Emma in her place. Plus Dumbledore plays Mr. Woodhouse!

You can enter to win Emma, Sense and Sensibility, and Persuasion here. I love all three of these versions. If you missed it on PBS, you can watch it online.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I can't wait to check it out. THanks for sharing!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to watch this, but Bart wants to watch it together. Maybe this weekend!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, so I'm blog stalking you! And I just had to say that I loved Emma too! But I love love love Jane Eyre so much better. That masterpiece theatre did a great job on that one! I love your blog...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kellye

    Funny girl. Jane Eyre is by far my favorite too. But I thought they did this very well too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions!

If you have a question, email me so I have your contact information. My email link is on my left side bar.

Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails