Thanks for all the tips on the last 'Sewing on a Budget' post. I will be doing a post with all your suggestions! Keep them coming!!!
Shopping at Hobby Lobby
I love Hobby Lobby. Nuf said.
The sales aren't as great as Joann's but I still go there for specific items because I can get them cheaper than Joann's. They also have a weekly coupon on their website www.hobbylobby.com.
- Kona Cotton - I love Kona Cotton. It's regular price at Joann's & Hobby Lobby is $5.99. At Hobby Lobby it is ALWAYS on sale for 30% off. Typically, I get it at Hobby Lobby. Yes, I could use my coupon at Joann's but I am closer to a Hobby Lobby. I figure I'd eat the extra 10% in savings by driving/extra time spent. I use Kona for clothing and quilting. Plus it comes in EVERY color!!!
- broad cloth - A huge step down from Kona Cottons, but still does a great job. At Hobby Lobby, it is usually about $1.87 a yard. But with a hot 40% off coupon in your hand...nice! I use broad cloth for linings, especially in totes. I use a load of broadcloth so I usually buy 10 yards at a time with a coupon.
- ribbon - Most of the time it is on sale for 50% off. You can get usually around 15 feet/5 yards for .99 cents. Great deal! And they have a great ribbon selection
- cotton prints - Often are much cuter than Joann's and always 30% off!
- tulle on a spool - (wow that rhymes) Often this is on sale for $1.99 for a 25 yard spool of 6" wide tulle. (Great color selection.) This is great for the no-sew tutus and for decorations.
- clearance section - I love to dig through the clearance in the fabric section. I've found many fun trims, fabrics, and notions for a steal.
Any tips for shopping at Hobby Lobby?
Thanks for reading,
Check out all the posts in this series.
Missed the first post in this series?