Thursday, December 9, 2010

Simple Christmas Gifts & Projects

Catch the key word in that title? Simple. The more people I talk to the more I find people having a desire to make Christmas simple so they can focus on the true meaning of the season.  Over the last couple of days I've seen some great simple gifts and projects that I wanted to share with you all. Then hopefully later today or tomorrow I will have a great tutorial posted for you all. And you guessed it. It is SIMPLE.

So here we go.

#1 Felt Initial Ornaments from made


There isn't anything Dana does that I don't love. I wish I had her clothing skills. Seriously. I digress.. I  love these ornaments  and am planning on making a set for my family and some people on my list. Perfect to do while relaxing with the family and watching a Christmas movie. My favorite thing about this project...hand-sewing. I know. Crazy...but I love hand-sewing. (Plus I have all the materials on hand to make a cute little set. Yay!)

#2 Girly Print from Lilly and Thistle


When I saw this print I fell immediately in love with it. (Plus it is free!!!) I love the simplicity of the print and adore the quote. The wonderful thing about this print is that it can be used as a gift for any occasion. Baby shower, birthday, baptism.... the list could go on. Now only if I could find cute cupcake liners she used for the skirt. :)

#3 Quick Fabric/Felt Flowers from Tater Tots and Jello


Fabric Flowers. Enough said. Cute, quick, and a glue gun. My kind of quick project. A set of three of these flowers would make a perfect teen gift!

#4 Candy Cane Kiss Cookies from Our Best Bites


For the bakers in the room, you've got to try these beauties. WOWZERS! They are delish and a tad rich. So make sure you've got milk handy. Bake these babies up toss them in a cute container. Done.

#5 Reindeer Noses from Crafting Chicks


I love these ladies. They have amazing ideas. The first idea on this list is the most simple of the ones they mentioned. (Reindeer Noses) Maybe I love this idea because I LOVE Peanut M&Ms. This could be even more simple by just sticking the tag on a whole bag of Peanut M&Ms. Or maybe because that is the way I'd love to receive this. ;)

#6 Car Cozy from Homemade by Jill


I had to stick a boy idea on here! I made a couple of these last year and they were a hit...and very simple to make.  If you've made a crayon roll before it is the same concept, the pockets are just wider! (Note: I didn't add numbers on my cozy.)

So there you go! Some simple hand-made gifts. Now if you are going to attempt all of these, that might defeat the purpose of being 'simple' but I am just sayin'...

See ya in a bit...with a SIMPLE tutorial

LeAnne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and questions!

If you have a question, email me so I have your contact information. My email link is on my left side bar.

Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails