Thursday, February 3, 2011

Inspiration ... Just a Couple of Years Late

The other night I came up with a great idea for a new quilt. Then today I started looking at fabric options. I couldn't find what I was envisioning, so of course I did the natural thing that I KNEW would  leave me in frustration. I started looking at OOP (out of print) fabric lines. I knew I shouldn't have, but I did. If you are ever in a similar situation just save yourself the frustration because OF COURSE you will (and I did) find exactly what you want. 

enter Arcadia by Sanae for Moda 


I love this pillow made with Arcadia.

There are other great projects made with Arcadia on Flickr. However, they are copyright protected so just check them out here or here. (Warning: You will get a chase of serious Arcadia envy.)
  
Now if Arcadia was a year old I might still have a little luck in finding some precuts and/or yardage. But this beautiful line dates back to 2008/2009. Even more annoying is/was the popularity of this line. (That is not the annoying fact. I adore popular fabric lines.) What makes Arcadia's popularity annoying is the fact that it makes Arcadia that much harder to find.

So if there are any Moda fabric gods out there, could you please reveal to me the location of some sweet Arcadia yardage? Oh and to not have it cost an arm in a leg would be great too. 

Think you could fit that one request in for me? 

Please? 

Thanks. 

1 comment:

  1. Here's honeybun: http://www.etsy.com/listing/67259590/arcadia-honey-bun?ref=sr_gallery_30&ga_search_query=arcadia&ga_search_type=all

    and a jelly roll: http://www.etsy.com/listing/65134498/arcadia-jelly-roll?ref=sr_gallery_24&ga_search_query=arcadia&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=3

    and a layer cake:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/61243628/sanae-arcadia-layer-cake-moda-fabrics?ref=sr_gallery_10&ga_search_query=arcadia&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=4

    and some overpriced FQ's here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Bluebouquet/search?search_query=arcadia&search_type=user_shop_ttt_id_5833234&shopname=Bluebouquet

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions!

If you have a question, email me so I have your contact information. My email link is on my left side bar.

Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails