So here is the finished dress! I love how it turned out.
Working without a pattern has its challenges, like the skirt part didn't end up as full as I wanted it. I should have doubled the measurement of the entire bodice - both front and back - but sigh, I only doubled the front piece. Which of course gave me the measurement of the entire bodice. Opps. I had a total Tim Gunn from Project Runway 'make it work' moment. I had to laugh at myself for that mistake. But I made it work. The real success of this project was that I had it finished three days before Easter. Go me. (That was not the case last year.) My other two Easter to-do projects...um...did not happen. So is life. :)
I hope to share some more finished projects in the next couple of days. I've been making some fun little girl skirts, I made one in less than two hours. Nice. I also have a Moda Bakeshop recipe in the works. So lots is going on over here in sewing land, finally, but also lots of life is going on too.
Hope everyone had a beautiful Easter weekend. See you soon!