Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Ones I Forgot

I realized the other day that I never shared two quilts that I made earlier this year. Both were made as gifts and are currently being greatly loved in their new homes.

The first quilt I made back in April/May for my sister's birthday. Funny story. Recently, I've started giving family baby quilts at baby showers/births. At my sister-in-law's shower last summer my sister said something to the effect of, I missed out! It looks like you have to have a baby to get one of your quilts! (She has 6 kids, her youngest is the same age as my oldest.) So I took note and decided to make her a birthday quilt on her next birthday. I included a note with the gift and said, "Because you don't have to be having a baby to get one of these!" She loved it.


The quilt is Piece of Cake 3 by Thimble Blossoms. I actually made it as part of Camille's class on Craftsy. Awesome class. I learned so much from her and my quilts have been better ever since. If you want to learn how to quilt I highly recommend it. (FYI: The class is a great deal. You get the class plus three quilt patterns all in the cost of the class.)

Next is a quilt I made for another sister-in-law who just had a baby boy.  I loved making this quilt, my favorite baby quilt to date. So simple and quick, just squares and HSTs (half-square triangles). I used lots of different lines in this quilt and they all came together perfectly.



Oh and because I have always wanted to take my own quilt stack picture....here it is.



I finally made, and kept, enough quilts to take one. There is the proof. I am a quilter. I love it.

So there you go! I have quilts on the back burner right now because I am getting ready for the boutique. I am making a couple of quilts for the boutique so I am itching to get started on those.

Hope you are having a Happy Wednesday!

LeAnne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and questions!

If you have a question, email me so I have your contact information. My email link is on my left side bar.

Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails