Friday, November 13, 2009

Recipe: Jambalaya

I had never tasted Jambalaya until about 2 1/2 weeks ago. It always seemed like an interesting mix of ingredients to me. While we had family in town, we tried this new recipe. It is SOOOO good that I thought I would share. (See I do actually cook too...not just bake treats.) It is actually a pretty easy recipe, just lots of chopping.

Jambalaya

1 kabasa sausage, cut into small pieces

1 cup finely chopped onion

1 cup finely chopped green pepper

4 garlic cloves, minced

2 tablespoons oil

1 ½ cups cooked chicken

1 ½ cooked ham (optional)

1 28oz can diced tomatoes, undrained

1 14.5oz can chicken broth

1 cup uncooked long grain rice

3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

1 tsp salt

½ to 1 tsp pepper

½ to 3/4 tsp dried thyme


In skillet, sauté the sausage, onion, green pepper, and garlic in oil until the vegetables are tender. Add chicken and ham; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed.


In other recipe news, I have been compiling recipes and making 'Our Family Cookbook' with just recipes that we know and love. It has turned into quite the project but I can't wait til it is done. (I didn't realize I had so many recipes that I had actually used.) I will share photos when I am done, and maybe I'll post some of my favorites.


Does anyone have a great 'new' recipe that they've tried lately? Please do share link/recipe if you feel so inclined!

1 comment:

  1. we don't bake ours. leave it on the skillet! it's the cajun version of paella! the baked on parts at the bottom are the best. yum.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions!

If you have a question, email me so I have your contact information. My email link is on my left side bar.

Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails