Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tutorial: Just Growing Quilt

Remember that lovely looking quilt from a few posts back? Well, I am finally getting around to sharing some pictures of the whole quilt.






I absolutely adore this quilt. There is just something about a cozy new quilt that I just love. This is probably my favorite project that I've ever done. Seriously. Call me crazy but my favorite part of quilting is hand sewing the binding. I know...crazy. But there is something I just love about sitting there and hand-sewing on binding.

What is the pattern you ask? Well, it is your lucky day because you can get the full tutorial over at the Moda Bake Shop! I hope you all enjoy the tutorial and please email me if you make it. I think it is a great beginning quilt and it can really be done rather quickly so it makes a great gift. I had the quilt professionally quilted and I love the results.



Oh and Ruby loves hanging out with the quilt, they look so good together.


Ohhh goodie. I love looking at these pictures. They just make me happy.

Happy Late Thursday to you!

I am back tomorrow with a huge new project I just finished...that didn't involve sewing. Puzzled? Check back tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. Ruby is fabulous! Love her :) ... Oh, and the quilt too, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute quilt! I was just wondering.. in the ingredients it calls for 4-5 fat quarters. But I can't find where in the instructions that it calls for them. What are the fat quarters used for?

    I love your blog too, so cute!

    thanks,
    clair
    clara.cann@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you blog through the quilt tutorial! I really like it both!
    It's funny that you say your favorite part is the binding; I have to confess that hand sewing the binding terrifies me! At least it did until last night when I started to do it on my first ever quilt (YAY!). It really is relaxing, and I love just thinking about all the work I did on the quilt, what I would do different, how much I looove the fabrics, how the recipient will respond, etc. It's wonderfully therapeutic.
    Anyway, thank you for sharing your talents with us through the quilt tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quilt and the fabric is so beaitiful. Thanks for the tutorial. I am now a new follwer of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to make your just growing quilt. I love it. Do you have a printable template for the flower that you used?
    Thanks
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    Love the Just growing quilt. Do you have a printable template for the flower?
    Thanks
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. The template for the flower can be found in the 'Printable PDF' that is at the bottom of the tutorial at the Moda Bake Shop.

    http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/11/just-growing-quilt.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this ADORABLE tutorial! The quilt is beautiful, and I'm now trying to track down all the fabric to make it myself. It will be a baby gift for my little sister's first baby. Was just wondering if you have any idea if a stencil was used for the quilting, and if so where I could find it. Thanks again, can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished this for one of the little girls I watch and she was so happy with it! Thanks for the great directions and hints! I used my computer to print out the letters for the applique in the size I needed and it made it so simple! I can't wait to do this one again!

    http://aspiringmom2three.blogspot.com/2013/01/miss-abs-just-growing-quilt.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions!

If you have a question, email me so I have your contact information. My email link is on my left side bar.

Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails