The back was pieced with leftover layer cake squares which was nice because I didn't need as much backing material. I cut the backing so one piece was 28" x the length and one was 14" x length. Then I just sewed about 6 layer cake squares together then sewed those to the backing pieces. Easy peasy.
I also attempted bias binding on a quilt for the first time. Since I was using stripe fabric for the binding, I wanted the stripes to be horizontal. Yikes. Usually cutting on the bias doesn't throw me but this time it did. Maybe it was the fact that I was cutting it out at 9:30 at night the day after a nasty nasty stomach bug. Ya. That was probably it. Also, the only difference from the pattern was the fact that I didn't add the borders.
So there you go! A quick and easy quilt. I wish I would have attempted a quilt like this for my first quilt, it would have made me fall in love with quilting much, much sooner.