Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sewing Tips: Using Serger Thread On a Regular Machine

Do you ever see those big spools of thread for the serger and wonder...'Does serger thread work on a sewing machine?' They can work on a machine, but only if you have one of these funky looking gadgets.


I dunno what they are called, but I found mine on the notions wall at Joann's. I know it cost around five bucks with a 40% off coupon. (Or you could get it when their notions wall is 50% off or BOGO.) Using serger thread is much more affordable. I usually buy most colors this way, then have the smaller spools for colors I don't use as much.

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. that is great! I don't mean to be a snoop.. do you have ribbon & Rick rack wrapped around clothespins in that jar? What a great idea! and so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh!!! i need this :) so glad to see i can buy one for a good price. i was going to have dh build me one! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed one of these yesterday. I didn't even know such a thing existed. I will be getting one, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions!

If you have a question, email me so I have your contact information. My email link is on my left side bar.

Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails